The Race Format
- 3 laps of between 3 to 5 km in length
- 3, 4 or 5 timed short gravity fed stages
- Each stage will be ridden 3 times
- All stage times will be added together for the final result
- Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 finishers in each category and fastest rider of the day (excluding e-bikes)
- Series Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 points scorers in each category. Riders best 6 out of 7 results will count towards their overall series result.
- Entries are limited to 260 riders per race.
Instead of having 4 to 6 timed stages throughout the day you’ll get between 9 to 15!
We’re getting back to the true ethos of enduro, stages will be run blind – there will be no practice before the racing starts, although the stages will be available for inspection on foot the day before and on the morning of the event giving everyone a level playing field…
- The Multi-Stage Enduro will be run blind, no practice of any stage before the event starts. Any rider caught practising the stages will be disqualified from the event.
- Walking the stages will be permitted from 1.00 pm – 4.00 pm, Saturday and from 8.00 am – 10.00 am, Sunday morning.
- The event will start at 10.30 pm and the stages will close at 3.00 pm.
- There will be 3 or laps of 3, 4 or 5 timed short gravity fed stages, 9 to 15 timed stages in all.
- All stage times will be added together for rider’s overall result.
- Each lap will be 3 – 5km in length.
- The Mash Up race format will be used for The Multi-Stage Enduro.
- The Mash Up format allows riders to ride the stages in any order each lap.
- When riding the stages riders can either leave a gap to the rider in front or ride down straight behind a fellow rider – the choice is down to the riders!!
- There are no time restraints on transitions from one stage to another, ride the event at your own pace.
- Riders timing chips will be activated as you pass through the START GANTRY at the start of the race. If your chip is not working you will be asked to go back to the timing desk to have the chip re-activated.
- Riders will be required to return to Race HQ Timing Desk after completing the event to download their stage times for their final result. Failure to do so will lead to stage times not being recorded.
- Riders can come back to Race HQ Timing Desk after each lap to download their times.
- Once your chip has been activated do not walk down the stages because you will activate a timed run. To look at stages please keep behind the course tapes.
- Once you have started a stage you must ride to the stage finish to record your time.
- All stages will be taped where race organizers deem appropriate. Taping will leave suitable line choice where available, but will not allow for any significant ‘cutting’ of the race track. Any competitor seen to be crossing stage tape, marker posts or taking any route deemed to be off the official race track may be disqualified or receive a time penalty.
- There must be no interference with the track, such as removing rocks, roots or branches. Any competitor deemed to be interfering with the track may be disqualified.
- The Multi-Stage Enduro must be contested on the same bike. Any rider not complying with this may be disqualified.
- Bar end plugs or equivalent must be fitted. Any rider not complying with this may be disqualified.
- The Multi-Stage Enduro can be done on any bike as long as the bike is of a sound mechanical state and has no electronically or mechanically assisted motors. Any rider not complying with this may be disqualified.
- All competitors must behave in a sporting fashion. Observe all rules and instructions provided by organizers, timing staff and marshals.
- Should you be caught by another rider in a stage the rider must inform you which side he/she intends to pass and vice versa. Always pass on the safest side.
- Any rider coming across an incident on stage that he/she deems serious must stop immediately and inform the nearest Marshall.
- All instructions given by race officials must be observed.
- This event should be fun so no foul or abusive language by anyone.
- Registration will be open from 7.45 am – 10.00 am.
- All competitors must register, pick up their number board and timing chip at Race HQ before starting the race.
- Do not tamper, modify or deface number boards in any way. Failure to comply with this may result in disqualification.
- All competitors must return to the Race HQ Timing Desk at the end of the event to return their timing chip, register their final lap and overall times. If a rider pulls out of the race, due to mechanical problems or injury, please return your timing chip to Race HQ Timing Desk.
- If you fail to return the timing chip you will be charged £60 fee.
- Helmets are compulsory and must be done up properly at all times (including transition stage) failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- Both full face or open face helmets are allowed. Helmets must carry a Snell, Kitemark or EN 1078. Gloves and eye protection are highly recommended. Knee pads and body armour are also recommended.
None Competitive Transition Routes:
- The organizers will mark out one non-competitive transition route between race stages. If riders do not use the official non-competitive transition route you may be disqualified or receive a time penalty. It is important to use the transition routes so the organizers can trace riders in case of emergency or injury.
- Helmets must be worn on non-competitive transition routes.
Your entry fee does not include Personal Injury Insurance, as Event Organiser, we have insurance to run events. We advised you to have your own Personal Injury Insurance but this is not mandatory.
No liability whatsoever shall be attached to the event organiser, event sponsor(s), landowner, land agent or any official of the event, in respect of any injury to rider or spectator, loss or damage to bicycle suffered by a rider in or by reason of the race, however caused.
- U14: 12 – 14 (rider must be accompanied by a competing adult at all times)
- U18: 15 – 18
- Senior: 19 – 29
- Master: 30 – 39
- Veteran: 40 – 49
- Grand Vet: 50+
- Hard Tail: 18+
- Women: 16 – 39
- Women: 40+
- Fun; 18+ (riders starting their first enduro and less experienced racers)
- E-Bike: 16 – 39 (E-Bikes Must have a maximum speed limited of 15.5 mph and comply with UK EAPC Law. We rely on Riders integrity to adhere to this rule).
- E-Bike: 40 – 49 (E-Bikes Must have a maximum speed limited of 15.5 mph and comply with UK EAPC Law. We rely on Riders integrity to adhere to this rule).
- E-Bike: 50+ (E-Bikes Must have a maximum speed limited of 15.5 mph and comply with UK EAPC Law. We rely on Riders integrity to adhere to this rule).
- E-Bike: Women 16+ (E-Bikes Must have a maximum speed limited of 15.5 mph and comply with UK EAPC Law. We rely on Riders integrity to adhere to this rule).
- £46.50 - Senior, Master, Veteran, Grand Vet, Hard Tail, Fun & E-Bike
- £36.50 - U14, U18, Womens 16 – 39 & Women 40+